It ain't over till it's over

 We are still on Sabbatical but we are home in Dedham. I have missed our town but have come home to quite a mess. Backed up sewage in the basement, rotted-out kitchen flooring, and a messy house. I always like to clean things before I leave but we left the dogs here and work has been going on in the house. Alas, nothing could be done but plug away at a long to-do list. I wonder if living in the pop-up would be a preferred life for me. The giant parsonage feels so overwhelming sometimes, where the pop-up you just sweep a little floor and you are often done. Thank goodness I have more help with the parsonage :) Once we were nearing the end of the trip I couldn't wait to get home. I did get the norovirus in the last few days so that may have helped me want to get home- it isn't easy being sick on the road. As you might also remember I got covid after our January trip to Florida so perhaps home is where I want to be sick? Or home is where I can tick off my to-do lists.  My heart is on the road and at the lake and in the mountains and in the caverns but it is also here in my discombobulated house too. We have one more journey and a trip to our lakehouse in Vermont before this sabbatical is completely over. Perhaps it is best to have some up and down times- in and out times. And how can I miss this place if I never go away anyway?




Comments

  1. Loving the blog! And you two❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's official: We're on sabbatical!

Sail Away to the Great Skipper Cay